Sunday, December 5, 2010

Feeling the pressure

I typically start well before the holidays, as many do, with the greatest of intentions to get a jump on things and look forward to cruising into the season with a beatific smile on my face and eggnog in my hand. Not really sure that has ever happened but it's still something I dream about. This year is no different from the past. 


Did have some time today to work on my handmade gifties. 



After a nice walk (hard to see Zuri against the leaves), where Lori promised to bring over some of the red velvet cupcakes she was about to make, 

I spent some time at my 'workbench', also known as my kitchen island, working on some cards made with hand cut stamps. It took so experimenting to get the ink coverage right but all in all, most of them turned out okay. It was made all the more enjoyable by listening to 
http://www.newyorker.com/online/podcasts/fiction
Thank you, Ellen for turning me on to them.



Of course, I'm not gonna show the finished products but you get the idea.

BTW, never did see any of those cupcakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment