Tuesday, November 16, 2010

No rifles here

A minor mystery was solved this afternoon just by answering the phone (and a bit of internet snooping). Over the past few years, there have been periodic messages left on the home machine that involve gun orders and gun repairs. Have to say that many times the actual messages have not been entirely intelligible but we tend to get the gist but still a bit creepy. 

So when the phone rang today and the caller ID showed an auto repair shop (that I later discovered was in Tennessee), I picked it up and said hello. There was a bit of a pause before the fellow on the other end of the line said, "Good afternoon, I was calling about my rifle you just repaired." To which I replied, "not me", and told him he had called a private residence. He was then kind enough to recite the number he was trying to reach and turns out that the only difference in our numbers is the order of the second two digits in the area code which turns out to be in Kentucky. 

Nancy Drew would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment