Sunday, February 27, 2011

Possibly TMI

On this cloudy, snowy day, I'm prepping to "practice what I preach". Tomorrow I will undergo the turning 50 right of passage that I have postponed for a while for no good reason except that time flies and the Scarlett O'Hara syndrome, I'll-worry-about-that-tomorrow. So that means clear liquids only today which is an interesting experiment in and of itself. It takes a lot of chicken broth and Gatorade and apple juice to keep hunger at bay - a bit of a continuous effort. Soooo grateful that black coffee is a clear liquid.
We went for a long snowshoe late this morning and I probably spent more calories than I should have but it was worth it. Lots of new snow has fallen over the past few days.
L. and J. on the trail.
J. was doing a lot of off trail snowshoeing to get more of a workout and got more than she bargained for when she hit this spot where the underlying snowpack was loose.
It was great to get outside even if the weather wasn't great. Now it's more liquids, some time with my current read and maybe even finishing my Tea Leaves sweater I've been knitting periodically for over a year!




No comments:

Post a Comment