Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Seeing Purple

I'm noticing a theme... there's a lot of purple turning up in my world lately. Not that I'm complaining. I like purple. It's just that, in general, it's not a color that is typically in my daily life despite the fact that as a teenager I painted my bedroom a deep purple. Maybe that did me in for a (long) while. Maybe now I'm ready to reconcile with purple because I've chosen it for a baby sweater I'm knitting for someone in my office.
This is the back of this baby jacket that is still a work in progress - but I am making progress!
Learning some new things on this one like adding on stitches at the end of a row to shape the sleeves (thank you YouTube).

Surprise purple crocus in the yard that must have been transplanted by squirrels or chipmunks since they are in an odd new place. 

And a purple pansy that I got at the farmer's market last weekend to brighten my kitchen. 
All in all, I can say that I am happily in a purple phase - not haze (yet). 





No comments:

Post a Comment