Saturday, January 22, 2011

Foot in Mouth Disease

Without going into detail (in an effort to avoid further inadvertent humiliation), I will share that (for the second time this week) I have made a texting faux pas - sending a text to the wrong recipient. Oy vey! You'd think I'd learn. Don't think I'm to be trusted with social media.
Met a wonderful someone, boyfriend of my sweet, wonderful neighbor/friend, then texted a physical description that was (partially) less-than-complimentary  AND, instead of sending it to J.. sent it to my sweet, wonderful neighbor/friend. I only hope she reads and incorporates the parts wherein I said he was "very nice" and "cheerful". The fact is he is sweet and kind and seems quite sincere and makes her happy and I couldn't be happier for both of them. My tendencies to snarkiness need refining, to say the least. My intent was to give an initial impression in 3 words - admittedly, they should have been more complimentary because my overall impression was one of a sweet soul - to J. but instead, I put my foot (second degree burns and all) into my nasty mouth. So sorry, Rick!!!


Here are some pics from this cold, beautiful winter day before I humiliated myself. One of the reasons I love Maine so much is the drama of the seasons. Thanks for not disappointing this winter!!!


Hail the winter days ...


\
Deck furniture!

Canoes promise future adventures.
The promise of spring...
The reality of NOW...too beautiful to complain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment